Subject: Animation Bible
From: Dale Myers <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 00:06:22 -0500

Someone recently mentioned a book many believe to be
        the "bible" for animators, so I thought it deserved
        repeating:

        "Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life", by Frank
        Thomas and Ollie Johnston is finally back in print
        after a nearly fifteen year hiatus. It contains 489
        full color plates and thousands of black-and-white
        illustrations detailing the grand masters journey
        into the art of illusion. This superb masterpiece is
        not only an excellent look at the history of the
        Disney studio but, more importantly, the single greatest
        collection of animation concepts and practices.

        I've seen this book on the shelf of many top animators,
        and with good reason. You should have one too.

        Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of this hardback
        edition before it disappears again. You'll never regret it.